Pregnancy Yoga, For Birth & Beyond
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga as Preparation for Birth
- Breathing & Relaxation
- Relief from sciatica and neck/back aches
- Intensity practice – Do contraction simulation exercises like Thai Goddess pose to increase you tolerance to pain
- Helps align baby into proper fetal position
- Opens the hips and pelvis
- Improves circulation in the body
- Strength & Endurance – observe the mind and find resources in challenging asanas that are strengthening when held. For example: Warrior II pose
- Learn effective positions for labor & birth
- Strong legs, arms, and spine
- Opens chest area in preparation for breastfeeding
- Connect & bond with baby in the womb
- Access to resources & vast information
- Community – meet new moms & form friendships
- Mindset – Increase confidence & become fearless!
- Please consult with your Physician/Midwife before attending class.
About Pre/Postnatal Yoga
Patricia received yoga training in Los Angeles and London. She is certified by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa of Golden Bridge Yoga. Patricia’s classes utilize yoga techniques from both the Hatha and Kundalini yoga traditions. Mothers practice postures for strength and stamina. Women learn to surrender and go with the flow in preparation for the unpredictability of labor and delivery. Patricia’s style of yoga sequences and combinations are influences by her dance and choreography background and are often charged by fun and upbeat music. Class is open to all yoga levels and stages of pregnancy. For more information please contact YogaWorks.
Mommy & Baby Yoga
Enjoy postnatal yoga and exercises with your baby in a friendly and supportive environment. Help give your mind, body & spirit the needed support to recuperate after pregnancy and childbirth whilst bonding with your baby.
Mamas are lead through a yoga set and babies are incorporated throughout the lesson. Focus is on recovering the body from childbirth with lots of abdominal exercises and shoulder/back openers. We dance with babies, sing nursery rhymes, learn baby signs, and discuss topics related to babies and new parenthood. Mothers have a chance to network with one another and often form friendships that are long lasting. For more information please contact YogaWorks.
Fertility & Preconception
For women who wish to conceive, Patricia can be booked for private classes of restorative yoga to aid in fertility. This class is appropriate for women who are undergoing In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatments. We use meditations and visualizations to activate the parasympathetic nervous system and reduce anxiety and fear, which is often associated with IVF. See Patricia’s article (link to my Blog article) about the benefits of yoga for fertility. Watch Patricia’s free yoga for fertility video.
More yoga for fertility can be purchased for download, Yoga for the Second Chakra.
Couples Pregnancy Yoga Workshops
Come join other couples in this fun and informative Couples Pregnancy Yoga workshop. You will practice gentle breath work and relaxation, birth positions, do partner yoga and also learn how to use a birth ball. This is
a time to cultivate awareness of your birthing body and enjoy connection with your partner. A very sexy class not to be missed! Please bring your own Birth Ball/Fitness Ball 65-72 cm (1 per couple) already inflated. See Patricia’s upcoming Calendar of Events for the next workshop.
Videos to Purchase Downloads
Videos for Purchase may be downloaded by visiting the links below:
- First Chakra: Muladhara, Root Chakra – For grounding, security and strength. www.meditation-mantra.org/yoga/root.html
- Second Chakra: Svadhisthana, Sacral Chakra – Balance the Sex/Creative centers. Effective for reproductive system. www.meditation-mantra.org/sex
- Third Chakra: Manipura, Solar Plexus – For confidence. To help reduce anger, fear, insecurity, and balance. www.meditation-mantra.org/stomach.html
Sarah F. – West Los Angeles
“I want to share a huge thank you to Patricia for all that she does, week after week, to ensure that each of us experience our pregnancy with peace, health, strength and confidence. The classes are dynamic and filled with fun and upbeat music! These pregnancy yoga classes are unlike anything I’ve tried in all of Los Angeles.”
Elizabeth B. – Hermosa Beach
“Patricia infuses her traditional yoga class with prenatal tips and confidence builders for moms to be. This is what makes Patricia’s class so remarkable. Her knowledge of yoga for pregnancy and the environment she fosters for “moms to be” is unparalleled. Patricia’s class is an asset to the community, and has forever transformed the lives of so many of her students.”
Lisa S. – Hermosa Beach
“Thanks again for the inspiration and wealth of knowledge you share in class. I learned more in the last 2 hours than I have my entire pregnancy!”
Kori F. – Newport Beach
Kori F. – Newport Beach
“I highly recommend Patricia’s prenatal yoga classes for anyone looking for a fun, informative and inspiring way to take care of yourself and your baby while pregnant. I am a yoga teacher and I drove 45 minutes to attend her class when I was pregnant. Her music and her classes helped me connect to the preciousness of pregnancy and helped me tap into my inner strength and courage to prepare me for birth. Get to her Couples workshop too!! An amazing experience for my husband and me.”